(Last Updated 2024-01-30)
How we use your information
For further details in respect of Ipsos's commitment to privacy and data protection please visit: https://www.ipsos.com/en/privacy-data-protection.
- What Personal Data Do We Collect About You?
- Why We Collect Information from You
- How Will We Use the Information You Provide and which are the Legal Bases of Processing?
- Where do we store personal data?
- Use of Digital Fingerprinting?
- How Long Will We Keep the Information You Provide?
- How Can You Access Your Information and/or Correct It and/or Request Its Transfer and/or Erasure?
- How Do We Ensure Your Personal Information Is Secure?
- How to Contact Us and Complaints
- Useful Links
1. What Personal Data Do We Collect About You?
We collect your personal data when it is necessary for us to perform our Services that you request from us when accessing our Site.
We collect your personal data directly from you (upon your consent) or, if you access the Site on behalf of a Client, as Authorized User, your personal data available in Ipsos CRM system will be imported and displayed on the Site in your Edit Profile area.
We collect your personal data when you register your account or update your profile on our Site.
Your cookies consent options are sent to Google Tag Manager and, in case you agree to the usage of Performance and Analysis cookies, your consent is also sent to Google Analytics for reporting purposes. Please check ‘Performance and Analysis cookies’ section from the Cookies Policy for more details; if you may have interest to find more about how you can modify the cookies use settings, please visit ‘Update your cookies preferences’.
We receive, as part of the payment process, a “transaction id” and a status (success, failure, etc.) in case you opt to pay with a credit card for the Services. The payment process is completely outsourced to a payment service provider, so no payment details are stored on our Site or with us whatsoever. The payment service provider was selected based on its reputation and compliance with PCI Data Security Standard and is acting as an independent data controller.
The selected payment service provider is Stripe, Inc., an US based company, with registered office at 185 Berry Street, Suite 550, San Francisco, CA 94107. In case of any questions related to data protection, you can contact them at [email protected] or visit their website: https://stripe.com/en-gb/privacy. For the data transfers to US, Stripe is applying the EU-US Data Privacy Framework. For more information on Stripe Inc. compliance with the enforced such regulations, please visit here.
Regardless of the situation, if you ever wish to terminate the processing of your personal data by Ipsos Digital, you may request that any processing of data to be terminated at any time. The only data that we then still store is the legally required information used for issuing the invoices in case you have ordered or otherwise have been involved in purchased Services via Ipsos Digital Site.
2. Why We Collect Information from You
We use your information as follows:
- Your name (first name and last name) for personalizing the Site and for being able to communicate with you as the user properly and fulfil specific legal and contractual activities for our Client (such as issuing invoices);
- Your email for logging on to the Site (username) and for sending communication related to the Services (automated emails sent through the Site or emails from Ipsos staff that offer you support). Occasionally, we may send you emails related to changes / new products available in the Site;
- Your phone number for contacting you related to the Services (calling or sending SMS);
- The country for knowing when it is the most appropriate moment to contact you;
- IP address and other data related to the device you may use when visiting and using our Site for preventing fraudulent access and for accountability of the actions performed on the Site. We might also use it for traffic statistics and debugging purposes;
- Browser User Agent (containing browser and operating system versions) for improving your experience when using our Site, performance analysis and debugging purposes; Information related to your PC/Laptop or other computing device you may use whilst using our Site, collected via cookies or similar technologies, for enabling you to benefit from the essential functionalities and guarantee optimal functioning on our Site, as well as for improving your experience when using our Site and for performance analysis;
- Unique IDs – for being able to transfer data between different Ipsos systems without using unnecessary personal data for identifying you (data minimization principle as per GDPR).
3. How Will We Use the Information You Provide and which are the Legal Bases of Processing?
We will use the information you provide to:
- Fulfil our contract with the Client you represent and/or act for as Authorized User;
- Ensure a proper usage by you of our Site;
- Keep a record of all Clients and their Authorized Users;
- Send automated emails for registering purposes and for validating Services specifications;
- Communicate with you via email or phone or SMS or chat related to the Services conducted on our Site;
- Send you by email newsletters, announcements and other communications related to the research products & services available on our Site and/or related to our Site new or incremental functionalities. Send you by email notifications related to Siteʼs availability (maintenance, downtimes, etc.);
- Use the personal data collected by adding it into the Ipsos CRM application, data that is necessary for contracts execution in relation to monitoring the contractʼs fulfilment (Services delivered by Ipsos to its end clients) and to Client invoicing (issuing the end-client invoice according to the Services delivered).
Additionally, we may also process your personal data for own legitimate interests, including for the following purposes:
- To prevent fraud;
- To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to our Site and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution or other computer code, file, or program harmful to the Site.
We may also send your information to our sub-contractors or affiliated companies who carry out some work on our behalf, control and responsibility, for data hosting or as described at paragraph 4, 5 and 6. Some of these sub-contractors may be based outside the European Economic Area; however, they are required to abide by the same data privacy legal requirements and security arrangements as ourselves and will be subject to appropriate safeguards, a description of which can be obtained by contacting us as set out at paragraph 10.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data we process are accurate, adequate, relevant and not excessive, given the purpose for which they were obtained.
4. Where do we store personal data?
We store your personal data on dedicated servers with our hosting provider Rackspace Technology, in the UK.
Our Site collects information using 'cookies' and functionally similar technologies. Cookies are small files stored on your computer. Specifically, in respect of cookies, further details of what cookies are can be found by visiting www.aboutcookies.org.
Check here for the full Cookies Policy (including list of cookies).
Browsing Data. The Site’s operation, as is standard with any similar website on the internet, involves the use of computer systems and software procedures, which collect information about the Site’s users as part of their routine operation. While we do not collect this information in order to link it to specific users, it may still be possible to identify those users either directly via that information, or by using other information collected – as such, this information is also considered personal data. This information includes several parameters related to your operating system and IT environment, including your IP address, location (country), the domain names of your computer, the URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of resources you request on the Site, the time of requests, the method used to submit requests to the server, the dimensions of the file obtained in response to a request, the numerical code indicating the status of the response sent by the server (successful, error, etc.), and so on. This data is used exclusively to compile anonymous, statistical information on the use of the Site, as well as to ensure its correct operation and identify any faults and/or abuse of the Site.
6. Use of Digital Fingerprinting?
7. How Long Will We Keep the Information You Provide?
Generally, we keep the profile information you provided for as long as you remain a user of our Site. Below are listed some details related to the retention of your personal data.
When you register on our Site, we send you an activation link by email. If you do not confirm your email address, we shall delete your email address and the password inserted in our data base after 30 days.
Based on your formal request, we shall delete your account and all personal data associated to your account within 30 days, with the exception of the personal data that we have to keep according to the applicable legal provisions and obligations. If you request for your account to be deleted using the “Delete my account” option in the Edit Profile page of the Site, you will be asked to confirm the deletion through a confirmation pop up in the page. In case you confirm, we shall delete your account and all personal data associated to your account within 30 days, with the exception of the personal data that we have to keep according to the applicable legal provisions and obligations.
If you request via our Chat application or via phone to delete your account, our Support team will ask you to send a written request by email to our support email address ([email protected]) specifically requesting the deletion of your account and your personal data. If your request is not received via email or if the email does not specify the wording “account deletion”, then the request will not be executed by us.
8. How Can You Access Your Information and/or Correct It and/or Request Its Transfer and/or Erasure?
Please be aware that you are entitled, at any time, to ask Ipsos Digital the following:
|to provide you access to your personal information
|Each user has the right to know the purposes of the processing, our personal data categories, the parties or categories of parties with which your personal data is shared, the data retention period, and the source of our data that is not collected directly from you.
|request the rectification of incorrectly entered data
|We want to make sure that your personal information is correct and up-to-date. You can ask us to correct or remove information deemed inaccurate or obsolete.
|to withdraw your consent
|When your personal data is processed based on your consent, you can withdraw this consent at any given time and we shall comply accordingly.
|request the deletion of your personal data
|You can ask us to stop the processing or even delete the personal information that we hold about you. If your personal information is required to fulfill an Ipsos contractual obligation to you, Ipsos may be unable to fulfill this contractual obligation. Also, if your personal information is necessary for Ipsos to comply with certain legal obligations (eg. tax legislation), your application can not be managed.
|to object to the way we handle your data
|Please note that you have the right to oppose the processing of personal data based on a legal basis that Ipsos considers legitimate. This does not apply if a legal provision requires that the Personal Data are data to be processed.
|request the transfer of your data to another data processor (the right to portability)
|You have the right to request Ipsos to transfer your personal to another data processor in an easily readable format that can be used in this purpose.
|to provide you with a copy of the personal information we have
|You can contact us if you want a copy of some or all of the personal information we store about you.
In all of these cases, please contact our Data Protection Department. They can be contacted by as set out below under paragraph 10.
9. How Do We Ensure Your Personal Information Is Secure?
We take our responsibilities to keep your personal information secure very seriously. As such we take every reasonable precaution to ensure your information is protected from loss, theft and/or misuse. These precautions include appropriate physical security of our offices, controlled access to computer systems, use of secure, encrypted internet connections over public networks when collecting personal information, storage of your personal data in secure environments, and encryption of your personal data at rest at storage environment level.
10. How to Contact Us and Complaints
For more information about our Site, you can contact our support team. They can be contacted by:
Email sent to: digitalplatformcontact [at] ipsos.com
Chat application available in each page of Ipsos Digital Site.
Or by letter sent to:
Ref: Ipsos Digital
Ipsos Digital SRL
Bucharest,319 Splaiul Independentei, floor 4, River House, Sema City 1, Sector 6, 060032, Romania
By email sent to: digitalplatformcontact [at] ipsos.com with “data privacy” as subject line
Or write to us at:
Ref: Ipsos Digital Data Protection
Ipsos Digital SRL
Bucharest,319 Splaiul Independentei, floor 4, River House, Sema City 1, Sector 6, 060032, Romania
If you have any complaints, we will appreciate if you give us an opportunity to resolve any issue first, by contacting us as set out above, or by contacting our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. You are, however, always entitled to contact our regulatory body, The National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing (ANSPDCP) at:
B-dul G-ral. Gheorghe Magheru 28-30
Sector 1, cod postal 010336
Bucuresti, Romania, or
Telephone: +40.318.059.211 or +40.318.059.212
Other national data protection authorities are also likely to accept your complaint.
12. Useful Links
World organisation for market research - ESOMAR: www.esomar.org
Ipsos Group: www.ipsos.com